Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oh September,

you are just the start of my favorite time of the year.

I cannot wait for the leaves to turn, fall, and fill the roads and sidewalks. I am anxious for scarves and mittens, hot cocoa and spiced cider, roasted vegetables and hearty stews, jackets and fuzzy blankets. This will be my first autumn in Tennessee, and I could not be more thrilled! My last couple years have been spent in a desert so you can tell that I am anticipating the season's every move.

Today after work I came home and decided to make cupcakes for a friend of mine and take them to some of my coworkers. I was inspired by one of my favorite blogs to make funfetti cupcakes, using sprinkles. The cupcakes were quick and easy and everyone seemed to enjoy them!






I am hoping this year has a lot more in store for me. I am really excited about new opportunities and upcoming events! I will inform everyone as the details become more final, I promise! Some friends of mine are getting married in December and they are having a winter inspired wedding (Congrats, Steve & Jan!). I am going to be working on little gum paste decorations for the cake soon. I will be posting pictures and updating as much as I can about their wedding cake, I am super excited about doing it!


Until next time...
Enjoy the upcoming season & eat sweets!


2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look delicious! Funfetti is my fave...and I bet they're even better when you make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love funfetti + it's yellow cake & chocolate piped frosting!
    That's like all my favorites in one.
    I'll have to save you one. :]

    ReplyDelete