Tuesday, April 21, 2009

April showers bring, a long overdue post....

Sorry for my absence, from posting. 
I have been so busy with working and all the excitement of spring time. 

Last weekend I planted some herbs: Basil, sage, & thyme and they just started to sprout! I am anxiously awaiting for leaves to show up!

I tried out a new cookie recipe and broke up huge bits of chocolate bars. It made for a an incredible batch of cookies! 
If at all possible I like to use bigger pieces of chocolate and break them up because chips have a lot more wax in them to hold their shape and that takes away from the true chocolate flavor. Another little thing I love to do is sprinkle them with granulated sugar before baking. I do this with almost all my cookies. 
I like the look that the sugar gives the cookie. 




Amazingly delicious cookies:

UNE:  Sift all these and set them aside.
2 cups flour 
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda

DEUX: Cream these together, until light & fluffy.
1 cup of brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter (room temperature)

TROIS: Whisk these together until slightly lighter in color. 
1 egg 
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon of vanilla 

QUATRE: Break these up into various sizes of you liking. 
12 ounces of your favorite chocolate

-After Deux is creamed really well, add Trois. Mix that until combined and then add Une ( about 1/3 at a time). 

-At the very end mix in all your chocolate bits (Quatre). 

-Chill the dough for 10 minutes in the fridge, if you would like before diving the cookies. 

-Divide them with a scoop or just into sizes of your liking and don't forget: sprinkle them with a little granulated sugar!

-Then bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes (or until golden brown). 

-Then pour yourself a cool glass of milk and enjoy these tasty delights!

*Side notes: I used these for my chocolate and if you can get this vanilla, you will be set!



These were an order for a birthday that I had to do: 
I know you have seen these before! They are my vanilla and almond cupcakes, yumz. 




Until next time,
Enjoy spring & eat sweet things!




2 comments:

  1. yum vanilla and almond!!!! and yeah, those cookies look incredibly tasty...wish I had one right now..grrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. Those look so tasty. My fav. chocolate chip cookie recipe is Dorie Greenspan's from Baking From My Home to Yours, it is so right on. But now I want to try these!!!!!

    ReplyDelete